Monday, January 6, 2014

Art Journal Page... well sort of...

This isn't in my art journal, but it is a piece of Strathmore Ready Cut watercolor paper.  I found a bunch of watercolor paper on sale at Hobby Lobby sometime ago, so I decided to break open this package.

I painted some permanent rose  and new gamboge on the paper and let it dry.  It left some heart shapes, so I went with that and pulled a few out from behind.  I like the colors together.  I shaded some of it with pencil and added white and black paint pens and thought I was done.

I know some art journals have tons of things on each page and I love how they look, but I find that I am worried about it all becoming a mish-mash of shapes and you can't really see the message.  Maybe that's my style?? Maybe not??  Aren't artists supposed to know when to stop?   I know there were times that I had gone too far on a piece of artwork and then wished I hadn't put that last ~whatever~ on it.  Then there were times I said I was finished and later thought: hmmm it needs more...but I don't know what .... then much later I still felt that way! 

Anyone have any helpful comments? Is it  done? What would you add? Take off? Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment