Thursday, March 6, 2014

Quick Sketch - Quick Paint.... YIKES!!!

This is the perfect example for taking your time...although after reading so much material on sketching everyday, it doesn't matter that your drawing or sketch is perfect, but what matters is that you are just taking the time to record something down on your paper.

I've got a BIG cup and a small lamp and small potted plant...I guess I could have said that this cup was one of those big soup cups! But that's ok.  In reality, the lamp is big, much bigger than shown here, then the plant would be more accurately sized and the cup, well, it needed to be smaller.

The other thing I'm looking at is:  How could I have made this a much looser painting?  My page was only 7 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.  Trying to do this quickly was a little stressful.  I am much happier with my results if I plan out my "scene" and pre-plan the color for the painting.  I am also learning about values.  I can see why all of this is so important.  I do like my white cup, it is the best part of the painting.... What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment